July 25, 2011

Event Planning 101

So lately it seems as if all I'm doing is planning events/parties/etc.  It all started in highschool... when I was elected Class President of the McGill-Toolen Class of 2001.  If only I could go back and erase my name from the ballot... just kidding (well kind of). 

About two weeks ago I co-hosted a very fun and exciting Luau Wedding Shower for my good friends, Brittany and John.  We had some yummy barbeque, beer, and Erol's secret Mai Tai's!  Erol was such a good sport to make all of the Mai Tais.  As the party progressed, the mai tais got a little stronger with each batch.  They were very tasty though!   Since I forgot my camera, I have to borrow pictures from the Bride to share.  Unfortunately, I only have one picture that could be uploaded.  Here it is of the Groom and friends!



We had a blast and I can't wait for the wedding weekend!

For the past several months, I have been planning my 10 year higschool reunion.  I have shed many tears throughout this process as I find it very hard to have a reunion that pleases 270 classmates.  Erol has been so supportive throughout the entire time.  I know I must have a very special husband since he has not packed his bags and left.  I'm telling you... I have had some CRAZY moments. You know we all have them, but the number of crazy attacks have increased through the reunion planning.  It will all FINALLY come to a sweet end this weekend!!!  I am really looking forward to the reunion. being over.

However, I cannot wait to see all of my best friends from home!!!  I have friends coming in from all over the country for the reunion and I really really really can't wait to see everyone and hang out!!

I owe my mom BIG TIME since she is doing a lot of the decorations herself and has offered to decorate the restaurant on Saturday before I even get there!  Again, I will share pictures next week...

So, to wrap up the update of what's been going on in our lives the last couple of weeks:  planning a shower, planning a reunion, and planning our trip to Turkey!  If anyone needs to borrow any candles, vases, tablecloths, etc, just let me know and I'll let you rummage through my party closet!

1 comment: