July 6, 2011

America's Birthday

I am sad that my four day weekend for the Fourth is over but we had such a great time relaxing and spending time with family and friends.  We went to the beach Friday through Sunday night and then we went to my parents for some good food and pool fun on Monday!  Even though it was UNbearably HOT everywhere we went, we still had a good time.

Saturday, our friends Bixler and Ashley came to the beach to visit us and lay out all day on the beach and by the pool.  Then, we loaded up in a taxi for a night at the Flora Bama, which ended earlier than mosts due to the severely hot weather and waayyy overcrowded Bama.  But a buschwacker will always cool you down! Or make you forget about the heat, either one is sufficient :)  We thankfully unfortunately missed the Miss Firecracker bikini contest.  There's always next year, right?

Sunday, our friends, Annie, Tierney, Brian, Beth, and Grant came to visit!  We sweated sun bathed on the beach and then went for a game of putt-putt.  The game of putt-putt (or "miniature golf" as Beth would say) is still fun as an adult!  The boys got a little too competitive during the game, but it was all in good fun. 

It was sooo good to see everyone! I was sad to see them leave, especially since Annie was flying back to Boston the next day.  I wish she would move back to Alabama!!!  I'm sure this unbearable heat will convince her to move back for sure!

On Monday, the actual Fourth of July, we left the beach and went to my parents' house.  My brother and his wife came over for lunch so I got to hear stories from their honeymoon in Italy: the good and the bad.  They also brought us presents from Italy!  I got a rosary from the Vatican and a bottle of Chianti (my favorite red wine).  They gave Erol and bottle of some Italian liquor that was very strong tasting... but good!

Also, our neighbor Mr. Wayne came by and as always, he brings the fireworks for entertainment.  So, Erol and Wayne spent alot of the afternoon and evening shooting off fireworks.  Only a few minor fires were made during the fireworks but were easily put out by stomping on the flames.  Who cares if Mobile is in a severe drought right now... it is the 4th!! We only panicked a few times :)

I mean, it looked safe enough, right?


Before lunch, we all cooled off from the extreme heat (have I mentioned that it was hot?) with some very good, if I say so myself, strawberry daquiries.  Made by Yours Truly.

Pretty exciting, isn't it??
Ahhhh, the simple life!


At the end of the day, we were exhausted but so thankful that we were able to share the holiday with those we love!  Until next time... stay cool!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my Terri Lynn. I am so glad that you took pictures. I wondered about the annual fireworks. It looks like Erol and Wayne had fun.

    ReplyDelete