August 18, 2011

Dinner with the Wallaces

So, you are probably wondering why so much time has elasped since I've posted anything on this blog.  And the reason is because nothing terribly exciting has been happening.  BUT, this is a GOOD thing!  We have spent the last two weekends relaxing, catching up with friends, and laying out by the pool to get a much needed tan!

Last Saturday, we had a few friends join us for dinner.  I know you will probably make of me for this, but I like to have a theme when I have a dinner party.  Saturday's night theme was "Mediterranean Night"  in honor of our upcoming trip to Turkey's Mediterraneon Coast.  What was on the menu you ask???  Well, the appetizers were prepared by the guests of the evening.  CeCe made a delicious mediterranean-inspired dip with peppers and cheese.  Brittany and John brought two kinds of hummus (always a favorite of mine) with pita chips. 

Then dinner was served... Well, I decided to try a recipe that I've never made before.  It sounded easy enough...  I made chicken kabobs that were marinated in a combination of olive oil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and herbs.  Needless to say I was a little nervous about how they would turn out.  Since I'm not a great cook to begin with, I was running a huge risk trying something new.  Luckily, I could use Erol's grilling skills to actually cook the kebobs and I think they turned out GREAT!  I am definitely adding it to my recipe book.  I served the kabobs with a greek salad and side of roasted potatoes.  It was all delicious!!

For dessert, CeCe made a "one piece is not enough" fruit pizza.  I couldn't get enough of it and I want the recipe.  When I get it, I will definitely share. Trust me... you will want it :)

This weekend we are headed to Montgomery to celebrate the nuptials of the soon-to-be Armayors!!!!!  We can't wait for all the wedding festivities!  It will be our last weekend of summer in the States since on Wednesday, we are boarding a plane for Istanbul for 12 days! 

I really need to start packing...


No comments:

Post a Comment