August 7, 2012

36 Weeks!!

Today, I am 36 weeks pregnant.  Only 4 more weeks to go!  I can't believe how fast it has gone by.  The first trimester seemed to creep by due to morning sickness and tax season.  Now, it seems like yesterday I was just at 20 weeks pregnant.

I had my 36 week doctor's appointment yesterday and had my last ultrasound.  It showed that James has dropped very low and is in position... head first.  They also gave an estimate of how much he weighs now. You won't believe it when I say it but they are estimating that he is weighing in at 6 pounds, 13 ounces!!!  I let out gasp and a "My Gosh!"  when they told us that.  That is already bigger than I was when I was born only 2 days early.  And we still have 4 weeks to go!!!  The doctor said that he is above average but not a "whopper".  Already, James is above average... obviously his father's child:)

How am I feeling?  Nervous. Anxious. Happy. Sad. Annoyed. Tired. and HOT!  I have every type of emotion going through me that you can think of.  I am getting pretty uncomfortable all the time these days.  My mornings are pretty good but I take a turn for worst bout 3:00 or 4:00 every afternoon.

On a different note, I would like to share some photos from my last two baby showers.  One was held at my cousin, Claire's, house.  It was a "nesting" theme with birds' nests.  Very cute idea!

This was hanging on the door when we arrived

Here are the hostesses (Claire and Delaney) with Sam Nolan

And the table setting

It was all so beautiful and the decorations were gorgeous!  Thanks Claire and Rebecca for working so hard to make it special for me!

The next shower was held by the sweet ladies of my work and held at Leigh Anna's house.  All the work ladies came as well as my mom and mother in-law.


Cindy made a diaper cake for me.  It was so cute!


Here are some more pictures from the shower




The day was perfect and so much fun!  I feel blessed to have such great women to work with every day! And not everyone can say that!

In the next four weeks (or fewer) we will be spending all of our time getting mentally ready for James to arrive.  The nursery is ready (pics coming soon), the bottles are sterilized, and the bags are packed (somewhat).  We plan to enjoy the last few weeks of a family of two before our world gets turned upside down...

No comments:

Post a Comment