December 6, 2011

Since I last posted on here, there has been a lot going on!  Thanksgiving came and went as we were super busy with family, shopping, a baby shower, and football.  What else can you cram into a holiday, huh?  Craziness.

On Thanksgiving, we had the whole family over to our house for lunch.  We had a crowd of about 12, I think.  This is not what I am used to, that's for sure!  The food was great and we had plenty of places for everyone to sit. Phew!

The Friday after Thanksgiving was good bonding time for the ladies in our family.  We woke up at 5:00 a.m. (and I am not exaggerating) to hit the shopping mall by 6:00.  We met my aunt, Rebecca, there and boy does she like a bargain!  We shopped until about 2:00 that afternoon and crashed on the couch for the rest of the day and night.  Everyone always asks me if it is truly worth it and my answer is always... "Not really" haha!  But it's a tradition. And that tradition will continue...

Then, on the following Saturday, we started our day hosting a baby shower at The Club for my cousin, Claire, and her new baby boy on the way, Sam Nolan.  We had about 18 people there.  The food was great and the view was even more amazing.  Here are some pictures I took (or stole from Claire's blog :)





The mommy with her 2 year old daughter, Delaney

That afternoon, we had to rush home to watch the much anticipated Iron Bowl which ended very well for the Crimson Tide!  The whole family watched it at our house and celebrated our victory!

Thanksgiving was a lot of fun and exhausting at the same time.  I can't believe another Thanksgiving has come and gone and that Christmas is just right around the corner!  I need to get to shopping... AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment