November 2, 2011

5K, Wedding, and Kickball

Since our New York trip two weeks ago, we have been juggling our busy schedule with my first 5k run, a wedding in Pensacola, and Kickball.  I know that you have re-read the previous sentence because you did not believe what you read the first time.  I ran my very first 5k two Saturdays ago!  I was forced persuaded to do it by my husband since it was a benefit for an organization that he is on the junior board.  I did not train hardly at all because I first signed up to do the "One Mile Fun Run."  Then, I found out that I was the only one signed up for it.  Haha!  I decided to forego the fun run and just run/walk the 5k.  Luckily, my mother-in-law also signed up for it so I was able to have a walking buddy.

I had to walk up the VERY steep mountain that was on the trail. Can you see it?  :)

I finished with a record time of 40 minutes! No judging by the crazy runners....

I still had a lot of fun and I'm glad that I did it.  Maybe I will start running more.  Maybe not... TBD.

Last weekend, we went to Pensacola for some friends of ours.  The wedding was beautiful!  I forgot my camera in the car so I had to steal  borrow some from their photographer's website.

The happy couple

This is the only proof that I have that we were there.  You have to look really hard but me and Erol are in the left-hand corner behind the guy with the goofy smile.  Do you see us?


I can't remember if I mentioned this or not, but Erol and I are on a kickball team!  Well, I didn't actually sign up for it but I have been summoned to play every game since every team has to have four girls on the team in order to play a game.  When girls can't show up, I play.  I didn't sign up with Erol because I think the last time I played kickball was in the 4th grade.  I did not want to embarrass myself.  But, we are having a BLAST playing every week.  For a girl who didn't even sign up for this, I sure do get competitive at times.

This Thursday is our last "regular" season kickball game.  I think if we win, then we go to playoffs next week.  Yes... there are playoffs for kickball.  Wish us luck!

After our big game on Thursday, we will be getting mentally prepared for the Game Of The Century on Saturday at 7:00. Only 3 days, 7 hours, and 40 minutes until Alabama vs. LSU kickoff.  But, who's counting?

ROLL TIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment