May 14, 2015

Lydia Emily Wallace

 
 
On Wednesday, April 8th, 2015 our sweet Baby Lydia was born at 10:29.  She weighed 7 lbs, 7 oz . and was 19.5 inches long.  She is so beautiful and we are so in love with this sweet thing.
 
The delivery went so smoothly and so fast this time around.  Her actual due date was April 10th but the closer it got, the more miserable this momma became.  So, we made the decision that if she had not come by April 8th, we would induce her delivery.  The Monday before, I went to the doctor to check on her progress.  He said that I was already 3 centimeters dilated so inducing would be no big deal at all.  Music to my ears!
 
The night before her delivery I was having some mild contractions so I was not surprised to hear that I was 4 centimeters dilated when I arrived at the hospital the next morning. Already on the way!  They started the induction around 7:30 a.m. and she was born just three hours later!  With James, I was in labor for almost 12 hours so time flew by this time.  Another difference in Lydia's delivery was the amount of times I pushed.  With James, I pushed for over an hour.  With Lydia, I pushed maybe three times?  She was so ready to come out into the world that I wasn't even allowed to push until the doctor arrived.  Easy!  The only downside of having a baby that quickly was that the epidural did not have enough time to truly set in.  I was in a good amount of pain towards the end of delivery but luckily, it didn't last long. Phew!
 
Here are some more pictures of her birth day:
 
She looked so much like James when she arrived, it was uncanny
 



 


 
Meeting Daddy.  She already has him wrapped around her finger :)
 



Meeting Nannie
 

First bath in the hospital.  Not a fan.


Sweet Girl


Meeting KoKo


 
Later that day, Big Brother James came to meet his baby sister.  At first, he was unsure of the situation.  I think seeing Mommy in a hospital bed was a little frightening at first.  There were some tears but then he held her... he was in love!





 
My stay in the hospital was in a way... relaxing.  No laundry, or cooking, or cleaning to do.  However, I missed my James so much.  On the day of discharge, I was so ready to get home to him!  I arrived to hugs and kisses from my sweet big boy!



So much excitement from Big Brother!

 


Sweet Lydia, you are so loved!  You fit in perfectly to our family.  You were the missing piece and now our family is whole.  We love you so much!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment