April 15, 2013

7 months and Easter



James turned 7 months old on Easter weekend.  He weighs about 17 pounds and is about 28.5 inches long.  He is keeping his figure slender while his legs are growing so long!  James loves to sit up by himself and play with all of his toys!  He loves having all of his toys surrounding him at one time so he pick one up at any time.  He is eating about three "meals" a day and about 30 ounces of formula a day!  He is really a growing boy!
 
He is really starting to babble a lot and still squeals when he's happy.  He is starting to say consonant sounds and words such as "ba-ba" and "da-da".  Sometimes he babbles so much that I know he's telling me such an interesting story.  I just wish I could understand!  But I love to just sit there and listen to him "talk."
 
Most of all, James loves to smile!  It never gets old to see his lovable smile :) 
 
 
 
Easter morning, we showed him his Easter basket full of toys and clothes.  The first thing he did was take everything out of the basket.  He had to have everything surrounding him before he could start playing with it all.  He was so excited to play with his new toys!
 
We went to Mass downtown at the Cathedral on Easter because we were going to KoKo's house for lunch right around the corner.  James was LOVING church.  He loves to listen to the music and watch all the people walking by. 
 
At one point during Mass, I was holding James trying to get him to stop babbling to the kids in the pew behind us when I felt something...  something warm... something wet...
Yep!  You guessed it!  He peed right on my hip.  RIGHT on my Easter dress.  Needless to say, we didn't make it through the rest of the service and headed to KoKo's right away.
 
After our outfit change and lunch with KoKo, we headed back to the house to try to finally get some good pictures of James' first Easter.  I love the way they turned out!
 
 
Hmmmm... I wonder if this would fit in my mouth??
 
 
 

 
 

 
 
He was fascinated by the plastic eggs
 



 
 
 
I just can't get enough of his smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment