October 22, 2012

One Month Later...


The last time I posted on this blog was one month and two days ago.  Wow, so much has happened in the last month that I don't even know where to begin.  I'll start with the bad...
 
On the day James turned four weeks old, I was admitted into the hospital with a breast abscess that turned out to be MRSA staph infection in my left breast.  Needless to say, this was the lowest point so far of motherhood.  It was a nasty sight to see and I will spare the dirty details.  I am still on the recovery road but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I just pray everyday that the abscess and infection will not return and I will continue to get well.
 
Now for the good...
 
James will be 8 weeks old on Wednesday!!  Time has flown!!  Since the breast infection, I have been taking in every moment with James.  I lost some precious time with him so I am making up for it.  He now smiles and coos at his Mommy and Daddy.  He tries so hard to hold his head up on his own I think he will be doing it in no time!
 
Here is his 1 month photo that we took 3 weeks ago...
 


At his 1 month doctor's appointment, he weighed 9 pounds 6 ounces.  He measured at 23 inches.  He was in the 50th percentile for his weight and 90th for his height!  He is long and lean!  I don't know where he gets that from...  Certainly not his Daddy :)
 
He now fits into 3 month clothing and sometimes even the 3-6 month clothing!  He is just so long that newborn clothing just doesn't fit any more!
 
He still hates bath time.  And so does Mommy because I can't stand to hear him cry so much.  Here's a picture we took of him before his fussiness began during bath time one night...
 




Here are some more precious photos we took of James about a week ago.  These are some of my favorites...
 


 
 


This weekend we are headed to my parent's house for a weekend away and to help host a baby shower for my sister in-law.   I'm a little nervous about a 4 hour drive with an 8 week old.  Any advice from mommies out there would be greatly appreciated!!

























No comments:

Post a Comment